An engine is roaring, wheels are mashing slush with their last bit of strength… All is in vain. A car is slipping. It is a well-known situation, isn’t it?
WQ-101 tyres are specially designed so that you could forget about it. In loose snow and in slush these tyres provide excellent traction, perfect gripping, very good stability and handling. They will help you to take snowfall not for disaster but quite beautiful nature phenomenon.
Perfect handling and excellent braking characteristics on winter roads
Perfect handling and excellent braking characteristics on winter roads.
Directional symmetric tread pattern with V-shaped elements as well as increased number of lamellas greatly improve traction characteristics and ensure good handling on a snowy road. Improved braking is provided by compact tread blocks which are responsible for the largest contact of the tyre with a road.
Safe gripping with a snowy road surface
Stability at turnings
Protection against aquaplaning
1. Safe gripping with a snowy road surface.
2. Stability at turnings.
3. Protection against aquaplaning.
Blocks in shoulder area arranged at an angle of 90°to driving direction provide good performance in deep snow. Improved tyre traction is provided by:
- directional tread pattern;
- silica (silicate filler) and high dispersion carbon black in rubber compound;
- use of three rubber compounds for retention of tread pattern elasticity at low temperature as well as by special elements which have the same effect as studs.
Directional V-shaped tread pattern with wide grooves and two wide sipes efficiently expel water and sleet from the contact patch of the tyre with a road surface increasing aquaplaning prevention.
Improved wear resistance
Lower fuel consumption
1. Improved wear resistance.
2. Lower fuel consumption.
Rigidity and shape of side blocks of the tyre provide uniform distribution of frictional energy at rotation what increases tyre life.
Three-ply tread retains original elasticity within the whole period of tyre running improving wearing resistance. Low rolling resistance provides efficient fuel consumption.
Both in loose snow and slush
Perfect traction characteristics are ensured by:
- wide transverse tread elements;
- great number of edges in the contact patch with a surface;
- transverse zigzag lamellas of the tread: the same traction as with studded tyres!
Lower noise and vibration
|Rim diameter, inch||15|
|Max. load, kilogramforce||670|
|Maximum load pressure, kPa||250|
|Allowable alternative rim||5½J; 6½J; 7J; 7½J|
|Overall diameter, mm||647|
|Section width, mm, not more||209 on a rim 6J|
|Max. speed,km/h (Speed rating)||190 (T)|