Ice under a layer of sleet is the worst condition for driving…, but not with WQ-102 tyres. Having an iron grip with an icy surface they prove that neither weather nor road condition is the reason to change your plans. Difficulties exist to be overcome.
SAFETY ON ICY AND SNOWY ROAD
Safe gripping and stability at the worst weather conditions
8%* better gripping is provided by:
- directional tread pattern;
- silica (silicate filler) in tread compound and high dispersion carbon black in rubber compound;
- use of three rubber compounds for retention of tread pattern elasticity at low temperature;
- possibility to be studded (recommended stud height is 10 mm);
- step arrangement of blocks in shoulder area for better cross-country ability in deep snow;
- elongated lamellas with greater number of grip edges.
Chessboard pattern of grooves increases car stability at turnings.
Stability on a wet and icy road
Directional tread pattern with wide grooves provides efficient water expel from the contact patch of the tyre with a road surface.
Better steering response
Excellent braking on an icy road
Perfect handling on a snowy road is provided by a directional symmetrical tread pattern with a central rib of variable width as well as increased number of lamellas.
Significant improvement of braking characteristics on an icy road is provided by the following factors:
- the contact patch with a surface is increased by 6%*;
- the tyre can be studded with 6 rows of studs along circumference;
- compact blocks of tread pattern provide the largest contact of the tyre with a road.
Perfect traction characteristics on an icy and snowy road
Innovated tyre tread pattern results in a greater number of grip edges which provide excellent traction properties of the tyre in snow and good handling at turnings.
Optimized sequence of studs (from 90 up to 108 depending on a tyre size) guarantees perfect traction on ice. Compact blocks of the tread ensure the largest contact of the tyre with a road.
Increased tyre mileage by 10% is one of the best features in this segment of winter tyres
Rigidity of side blocks of the tyre as well as their shape provide uniform distribution of pressure along the contact patch surface what increases the tyre life.
New structure of tread (three types of rubber compounds) with great content of special purpose rubber which retains original elasticity within the whole period of the tyre running guarantees improved wear resistance.
«A cushion» located under a stud softens the contact of a stud with a road, reduces noise produced by studs and increases their life time.
|Rim diameter, inch||16|
|Max. load, kilogramforce||615|
|Maximum load pressure, kPa||280|
|Recommended rim||6 ½J|
|Allowable alternative rim||5½J; 6J; 7J; 7½J|
|Overall diameter, mm||632|
|Section width, mm, not more||214 on a rim 6 ½J|
|Max. speed,km/h (Speed rating)||190 (T)|