Summer tyres: characteristics and advantages
Summer tyres should be installed when the outside temperature is steady above zero (about +7 °C). Moreover, the main reason for changing tyres is not because the winter tyres have already seen long service in the cold season, but because they lose their functionality in warm weather.
Soft winter rubber softens on hot asphalt in the heat, becoming tacky and wearing out quickly. Summer tyres have other transition temperature and remain elastic even on hot asphalt.
Another different feature is tread. Summer passenger car tyres have longitudinal grooves for draining excess water from under the wheels in rainy weather. And special shoulder blocks provide good traction when cornering at high speed.
There is another type of tyre – all-season tyres. Although these tyres are designed for different weather conditions, experienced drivers do not recommend using them as an alternative to summer tyres. It is connected with the following factors:
- The tread pattern has features of winter and summer tyres, however to the disadvantage of both of them - snow gets stuck in the grooves faster and water is drained from under the wheels not as fast as in summer tyres, reducing the maneuverability of the car.
- The composition of rubber. All-season tyre can withstand temperatures above and below zero. But change of the temperature threshold leads to insufficient functionality - it becomes hard in the bitter cold and softens in the heat.
- Safety. Due to the particular characteristics of the rubber compound, all-season tyres wear out faster than special summer tyres at high temperatures. And this affects the driving safety and behavior predictability during emergency braking.
The choice of summer tyres depends on the terrain features and vehicle operating conditions. There are several important parameters.
- Tread pattern:
Size and model - this characteristic depends on the brand and model of the car and is indicated on the side of the wheel. Disregard of the recommendations of the automaker when choosing tyres can lead to loss of road-holding ability resulting in accident.
- symmetrical - such tyres have good road holding ability and are suitable for driving in urban environment;
- asymmetrical - the pattern on the inside and outside part of the tyre is different. This increases the maneuverability of the vehicle, its cornering stability and provides for the minimum probability of aquaplaning;
- directional - drainage channels have the shape of letter “V”. In addition to effective drainage, this pattern makes it possible to easily drive off-the-road.
Load index - this parameter determines the maximum load on the wheel. This index is very important when purchasing tyres for minibuses or trucks. Load bigger than recommended will result in rapid wearing out and deformation of the wheel.
How to store summer tyres
In winter period, the summer tyres should be stored indoors away from drafts. The best option is a permanent garage or storage room with constant temperature. After dismantling, the tyres should be cleaned and stacked in a dry place.
If tyres are stored together with discs, it is recommended to hang them or stack horizontally. That way we can avoid the possible deformation of the disc and extend the life of the tyre. Tyres without discs should be stored upright.
Range and benefits of Rosava summer tyres
We offer the buyers an innovative product. Tyres meet customer requirements and international quality certificates.
Rosava summer tyres have the main advantage - the unique properties of ingredients in rubber compounds. Different types of rubber, silica and organosilane are mixed for the production. Such composition provides the tyre with reliable grip on the road both in sunny and rainy weather.
There are three types of Rosava summer tyres:
- Rosava Itegro - has balanced technological characteristics and design solutions. The tread is designed to have high resistance to aquaplaning and improved rolling resistance on a dry road.
- Premiorri Solazo - Silica Heat Optimal technology provides good speed performance at high temperatures and in heavy rain. The tyre has a reinforced central rib to ensure maneuverability even at high speed.
- Premiorri Solazo S Plus - designed specifically for wet roads. This advantage is gained due to increased shoulder blocks and four wide longitudinal grooves. This Premiori model is resistant to abrasion, sidewall cuts and thermal aging.